Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
He's The One! Rubber Duckie Joins The Toy Hall Of Fame
Originally published on Thu November 7, 2013 2:27 pm
Saying that "one toy stretches our gray matter; the other expands our sense of childhood wonder," the National Toy Hall of Fame announced Thursday that its 2013 inductees are the game of chess and the rubber duck.
This year's finalists that didn't make it into the Rochester, N.Y., hall:
The game of Clue
Fisher-Price Little People
Little green Army men
Magic 8 Ball
My Little Pony
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All of the hall's honorees are posted here.
We've written about the hall before. Yes, we're still hoping for sidewalk chalk to get in.
Also, with Rubber Duckie in the hall how can they leave out Ernie (and Bert, of course)?