Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
High School's Dress Code Spoils Homecoming Dance
Originally published on Wed October 3, 2012 10:14 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A high school in Utah has a dress code for the homecoming dance. The dresses should not be too short, with hems hitting, quote, "at or near knee length." Dozens of young women were turned away from that dance. The hems were near the knee, but apparently deemed not near enough. So many people were denied entry it became a disaster. The principal has now apologized for the vague rule and for what is being called the homecoming spirit massacre. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.