Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
High School's Dress Code Spoils Homecoming Dance
Originally published on Wed October 3, 2012 10:14 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A high school in Utah has a dress code for the homecoming dance. The dresses should not be too short, with hems hitting, quote, "at or near knee length." Dozens of young women were turned away from that dance. The hems were near the knee, but apparently deemed not near enough. So many people were denied entry it became a disaster. The principal has now apologized for the vague rule and for what is being called the homecoming spirit massacre. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.