Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail
Hike the GET
Jo "Someday" Swanson and "Hillbilly Bart" Houck are the first people to attempt a thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail (GET), which is America's newest long-distance trail and stretches 1800 miles across nine states.
As America's newest long distance trail, the GET is still being developed. Hikers can walk from Alabama to New York while enjoying some of the most beautiful vistas in the eastern U.S.
The GET travels through downtown Chattanooga before connecting with the Cumberland Trail. Swanson and Houck enjoyed a brief break before getting back on the trail. They carry everything they need on their backs and spend most nights tenting by the trail side. You can follow their blog and get snippets of their experience at www.gethiking.net.
Long Distance Hike