Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail
Hike the GET
Jo "Someday" Swanson and "Hillbilly Bart" Houck are the first people to attempt a thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail (GET), which is America's newest long-distance trail and stretches 1800 miles across nine states.
As America's newest long distance trail, the GET is still being developed. Hikers can walk from Alabama to New York while enjoying some of the most beautiful vistas in the eastern U.S.
The GET travels through downtown Chattanooga before connecting with the Cumberland Trail. Swanson and Houck enjoyed a brief break before getting back on the trail. They carry everything they need on their backs and spend most nights tenting by the trail side. You can follow their blog and get snippets of their experience at www.gethiking.net.
Long Distance Hike