Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail
Hike the GET
Jo "Someday" Swanson and "Hillbilly Bart" Houck are the first people to attempt a thruhike on the Great Eastern Trail (GET), which is America's newest long-distance trail and stretches 1800 miles across nine states.
As America's newest long distance trail, the GET is still being developed. Hikers can walk from Alabama to New York while enjoying some of the most beautiful vistas in the eastern U.S.
The GET travels through downtown Chattanooga before connecting with the Cumberland Trail. Swanson and Houck enjoyed a brief break before getting back on the trail. They carry everything they need on their backs and spend most nights tenting by the trail side. You can follow their blog and get snippets of their experience at www.gethiking.net.
Long Distance Hike