Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Long Distance Hike
Hiking Through Chattanooga on the Great Eastern Trail
The Great Eastern Trail will be passing though Chattanooga and brings together several existing trails and new paths to create a hiking trail from New York to Florida.
Currently the trail takes hikers through New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Future plans will connect the Great Eastern Trail to existing trails in Florida. Local plans for the Chattanooga portion of the Great Eastern Trail include bringing hikers through the city along the Tennessee Riverwalk before sending them over Lookout Mountain to Georgia. You can follow the developments of the Great Eastern Trail online at greateasterntrail.net.