Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
Long Distance Hike
Hiking Through Chattanooga on the Great Eastern Trail
The Great Eastern Trail will be passing though Chattanooga and brings together several existing trails and new paths to create a hiking trail from New York to Florida.
Currently the trail takes hikers through New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Future plans will connect the Great Eastern Trail to existing trails in Florida. Local plans for the Chattanooga portion of the Great Eastern Trail include bringing hikers through the city along the Tennessee Riverwalk before sending them over Lookout Mountain to Georgia. You can follow the developments of the Great Eastern Trail online at greateasterntrail.net.