Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
Long Distance Hike
Hiking Through Chattanooga on the Great Eastern Trail
The Great Eastern Trail will be passing though Chattanooga and brings together several existing trails and new paths to create a hiking trail from New York to Florida.
Currently the trail takes hikers through New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Future plans will connect the Great Eastern Trail to existing trails in Florida. Local plans for the Chattanooga portion of the Great Eastern Trail include bringing hikers through the city along the Tennessee Riverwalk before sending them over Lookout Mountain to Georgia. You can follow the developments of the Great Eastern Trail online at greateasterntrail.net.