Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Long Distance Hike
Hiking Through Chattanooga on the Great Eastern Trail
The Great Eastern Trail will be passing though Chattanooga and brings together several existing trails and new paths to create a hiking trail from New York to Florida.
Currently the trail takes hikers through New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. Future plans will connect the Great Eastern Trail to existing trails in Florida. Local plans for the Chattanooga portion of the Great Eastern Trail include bringing hikers through the city along the Tennessee Riverwalk before sending them over Lookout Mountain to Georgia. You can follow the developments of the Great Eastern Trail online at greateasterntrail.net.