Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
A Hitchhiker Guided by the Cherokee: Jerry Ellis Discusses 'Two Wolves'
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the publication of Jerry Ellis’ first book, Walking the Trail: One Man’s Journey Along the Cherokee Trail of Tears. He’s written eight more books since then, all largely autobiographical, inspired by his adventures walking and hitchhiking across the country. His latest book, Two Wolves: A Cherokee’s Journey to Feed the Sacred One weaves stories of his adventures while hitchhiking together with the Cherokee philosophy that has guided him throughout his life.