Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Holiday Plans with the Salvation Army
The Salvation Army in Chattanooga is warming up for the holiday festivities with a reminder of events coming up in the next few weeks.
The last day to register for the Salvation Army Angel Tree is Wednesday November 7th. The Angel Trees will be located in Hamilton Place Mall, North Gate Mall, and Bradley Square Mall. People can choose an angel to sponsor, shop for gifts, and return the unwrapped gifts to the Angel Tree location by December 8th.
The community is invited to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Thanksgiving Eve Carnival on Wednesday November 21st. This event is free and open to everyone. The Thanksgiving Eve Carnival will include an inflatable castle for the children, hamburger and hot dog cook-out, and games for the family.
The Jingle Bell Jog will help people work off that Thanksgiving Feast with a 5 k run or a 1 mile walk to help raise funds to help keep families warm this winter. The Jingle Bell Jog is at Tinsley Park in Cleveland TN.
More information about these events or to offer to volunteer during the holiday season can be found by calling 423-756-1023.