Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Holiday Plans with the Salvation Army
The Salvation Army in Chattanooga is warming up for the holiday festivities with a reminder of events coming up in the next few weeks.
The last day to register for the Salvation Army Angel Tree is Wednesday November 7th. The Angel Trees will be located in Hamilton Place Mall, North Gate Mall, and Bradley Square Mall. People can choose an angel to sponsor, shop for gifts, and return the unwrapped gifts to the Angel Tree location by December 8th.
The community is invited to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Thanksgiving Eve Carnival on Wednesday November 21st. This event is free and open to everyone. The Thanksgiving Eve Carnival will include an inflatable castle for the children, hamburger and hot dog cook-out, and games for the family.
The Jingle Bell Jog will help people work off that Thanksgiving Feast with a 5 k run or a 1 mile walk to help raise funds to help keep families warm this winter. The Jingle Bell Jog is at Tinsley Park in Cleveland TN.
More information about these events or to offer to volunteer during the holiday season can be found by calling 423-756-1023.