Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Hot Colors For Spring: Tender Shoots, Tidal Foam
Originally published on Mon September 10, 2012 6:31 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: Tender Shoots.
That's one of the hot colors for Spring 2013, according to a statement from Pantone, the New Jersey color company that works with designers to decide the dominant hues for the fashion industry each season. And since it's fashion week in New York, we're paying attention to this.
Tender Shoots tops a list for women. Pantone describes it as vibrant yellow-green - invigorating, active and cheerful.
For men, by the way, the color of spring is Tidal Foam. That's a khaki-like color with hints of green. It is, quote, "reminiscent of the sea washing onto the shore driven by the force of their waves."
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Sounds manly. For those hoping to coordinate wardrobes, by the way - Renee, I hope you're listening here.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
MONTAGNE: Go ahead.
INSKEEP: Emerald and Monaco blue have been suggested for both sexes. So let's go out and get some matching outfits, shall we?
INSKEEP: That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.