Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
How Did The Chicken Cross The Road? In Style
Originally published on Tue October 22, 2013 3:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We all know why the chicken crossed the road. A new product wants to make sure they get to the other side safely. As chickens become more popular as pets, British company Omlet is selling high-visibility chicken jackets; tiny fluorescent safety vets when they're out on the street. The jackets also protect the birds against rain and cold. But the website warns that owner should be sure to remove them before bedtime. They are not suitable as pajamas.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.