Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
How Did The Chicken Cross The Road? In Style
Originally published on Tue October 22, 2013 3:37 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We all know why the chicken crossed the road. A new product wants to make sure they get to the other side safely. As chickens become more popular as pets, British company Omlet is selling high-visibility chicken jackets; tiny fluorescent safety vets when they're out on the street. The jackets also protect the birds against rain and cold. But the website warns that owner should be sure to remove them before bedtime. They are not suitable as pajamas.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.