Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Around the Nation
How Do You Flip A 1-Ton Hamburger Patty?
Originally published on Tue September 4, 2012 12:38 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. This past weekend as many of us were firing up our grills to mark the end of summer, a Minnesota casino was outdoing all of us - grilling up the largest burger the world has ever seen. Weighing in at just over a ton, the 10-foot-wide burger was topped with 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds of onions and a lot of cheese. According to a Guinness World Records official, the burger, quote, "actually tasted really good." How do you flip a one-ton patty, you might ask? They used a crane. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.