Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Around the Nation
How Do You Flip A 1-Ton Hamburger Patty?
Originally published on Tue September 4, 2012 12:38 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. This past weekend as many of us were firing up our grills to mark the end of summer, a Minnesota casino was outdoing all of us - grilling up the largest burger the world has ever seen. Weighing in at just over a ton, the 10-foot-wide burger was topped with 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds of onions and a lot of cheese. According to a Guinness World Records official, the burger, quote, "actually tasted really good." How do you flip a one-ton patty, you might ask? They used a crane. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.