Most Active Stories
- Bernie Sanders Just Drew A Huge Crowd. How Does It Measure Up?
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- A 73-Year-Old Man vs Rebel Invaders: The Civil War Story Behind This Historical Marker
- Praised by NPR, Pitchfork & NYT, Torres Will Perform in Chattanooga 7/2
How Low Impact Design Challenge Winners Would Transform Northgate Mall
The Resource Rain Low Impact Development (LID) Design Challenge asked teams of engineers, architects and designers to come up with innovative, greener ways to manage stormwater runoff. Teams created concepts for four sites around Chattanooga: Broad Street, Cherokee Boulevard, Bonny Oaks and Northgate Mall. The teams who created the top design for each location were awarded $10,000 each.
In this segment, we speak with members of Team H, whose design won both first place for Northgate and won the People's Choice award.
Tripp Mullins from Derthick, Henley & Wilkerson Architects joins us, as well as Joseph Parks, from March Adams Consulting Engineers.