Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
How Much Is A Scrap Of Royal Wedding Toast Worth?
Originally published on Tue July 24, 2012 2:52 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. In honor of the London Olympics, here's dramatic British news. An auction house sold a memento from the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles. Rose Marie Smith says she visited her daughter, who worked for the royal family back in 1981. She saw toast that Prince Charles left on a breakfast tray. Last week, she sold it for the equivalent of $361. It's one of the higher prices on record for a scrap of food. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.