Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Hunt For Lion Outside London Called Off
Originally published on Tue August 28, 2012 9:32 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. British authorities have called off the lion hunt. In a county outside of London residents insisted they'd spotted a lion on the loose. One couple in Essex even took a fuzzy photo of it. Police took the reports seriously and even sent two helicopters to aid in the hunt. But local zoos report no big cats missing, no cats were found and authorities now suspect that this was a tall tale rather than a lion's tail, sort of a Loch Ness lion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.