Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Hunt For Lion Outside London Called Off
Originally published on Tue August 28, 2012 9:32 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. British authorities have called off the lion hunt. In a county outside of London residents insisted they'd spotted a lion on the loose. One couple in Essex even took a fuzzy photo of it. Police took the reports seriously and even sent two helicopters to aid in the hunt. But local zoos report no big cats missing, no cats were found and authorities now suspect that this was a tall tale rather than a lion's tail, sort of a Loch Ness lion. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.