Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Imagine 'Star Wars' Taking Place In Elizabethan England
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 8:36 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
Imagine if "Star Wars" took place not in a galaxy far, far away, but in Elizabethan England. Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi's final exchange might sound like...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
In time, thy powers have weak become, old man.
MONTAGNE: And yes, thou canst not win all warrant, Darth.
Out today, "William Shakespeare's Star Wars," as told by the Bard. And author Ian Doescher aims for a sequel: "The Empire Striketh Back."
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.