Most Active Stories
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Chattanooga Gunman's Family Says He 'Suffered From Depression'
- Shootings In Chattanooga: What We Know About The Alleged Gunman
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Inaugural TasteBuds Tour Offers Farm Visits 9/22 & 9/23
On September 22nd and 23rd, the first-ever TasteBuds Farm Tour will offer a chance to meet local farmers and get a personal tour of some of the places Chattanooga-area food is grown.
The farms on the tour are within about 50 miles of Chattanooga and have been featured in TasteBuds Local Food Guide. From noon until 5:00 PM on September 21st and 22nd families can fill up their car and travel to the fields and vineyards of small to mid sized family farms to see how they live and work to produce food for your tables. Purchase of the car pass for TasteBuds Farm Tour helps support the cost of producing TasteBuds Local Food Guide.
A list of participating farms can be found at http://crabtreefarms.org/happenings/tastebuds-farm-tour along with a link for directions. Plan your route and spend a day or two traveling the region and getting to know the farmers that bring local food to your markets. In addition to tours of the farms and possibly homes, some of the farmers are offering samples or goody bags for visitors this weekend.