Most Active Stories
- Listener Support Keeps WUTC On The Air. Please Donate Today.
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Start It Up Episode 7: Teen Startup Thrives and Glass Street Bounces Back
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Arts & Culture
An 'Industrial Farmhouse' in Chattanooga Creates Custom Furniture
While the term “industrial farmhouse” may seem to be a contradiction, for Mark Oldham it’s a hedge against corporate uniformity. Technology has enabled furniture makers to produce hundreds of tables and chairs that are all exactly alike. It’s very efficient, but for Mark Oldham and his crew it’s “boring.”
At The Industrial Farmhouse, they produce individual, one-of-a-kind pieces, but say the pieces don’t cost any more than mass produced furniture.