Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- Berryhill Gets His ‘Mojo’ Working in New Novel
Innovation, Higher Education & Chattanooga’s Future: A Conversation with UTC Chancellor Angle
About thirteen months ago, Dr. Steve Angle became the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s new chancellor. In this interview, Dr. Angle reflects on his first year at UTC and looks ahead. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke has proposed that the city create a new innovation district for businesses, and UTC could complement it, particularly if it’s located downtown near the campus.
Dr. Angle also discusses how the Complete College Tennessee Act, passed in 2010, continues to affect higher education at state schools and how tough budget cuts can sometimes effect constructive change.