Most Active Stories
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Troubled Waters Ahead for Ocoee’s Rafting Industry?
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- Cherokee Chief John Ross Is The Unsung Hero Of 'Jacksonland'
Innovation, Higher Education & Chattanooga’s Future: A Conversation with UTC Chancellor Angle
About thirteen months ago, Dr. Steve Angle became the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s new chancellor. In this interview, Dr. Angle reflects on his first year at UTC and looks ahead. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke has proposed that the city create a new innovation district for businesses, and UTC could complement it, particularly if it’s located downtown near the campus.
Dr. Angle also discusses how the Complete College Tennessee Act, passed in 2010, continues to affect higher education at state schools and how tough budget cuts can sometimes effect constructive change.