Most Active Stories
- Troubled Waters Ahead for Ocoee’s Rafting Industry?
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- U.S. Defense Secretary: Militarization of South China Sea Is Unacceptable
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
Innovation, Higher Education & Chattanooga’s Future: A Conversation with UTC Chancellor Angle
About thirteen months ago, Dr. Steve Angle became the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s new chancellor. In this interview, Dr. Angle reflects on his first year at UTC and looks ahead. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke has proposed that the city create a new innovation district for businesses, and UTC could complement it, particularly if it’s located downtown near the campus.
Dr. Angle also discusses how the Complete College Tennessee Act, passed in 2010, continues to affect higher education at state schools and how tough budget cuts can sometimes effect constructive change.