Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Hundreds of Bikers Participate in Memorial Ride for Chattanooga Shooting Victims
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Innovation, Higher Education & Chattanooga’s Future: A Conversation with UTC Chancellor Angle
About thirteen months ago, Dr. Steve Angle became the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s new chancellor. In this interview, Dr. Angle reflects on his first year at UTC and looks ahead. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke has proposed that the city create a new innovation district for businesses, and UTC could complement it, particularly if it’s located downtown near the campus.
Dr. Angle also discusses how the Complete College Tennessee Act, passed in 2010, continues to affect higher education at state schools and how tough budget cuts can sometimes effect constructive change.