Most Active Stories
- Did Cleveland, TN Really Redefine 'Mile High Club' With $42 Million in Pork?
- Tennessee’s New Breast Density Law Effective July 1, 2014
- Lawyers Dressed in Hoodies and Bluejeans
- Hunter Invitational III Features Contemporary Art By Regional Artists
- UnifiEd is Hosting Debates With the District 5 and District 9 School Board Candidates
Around the Nation
Is It The L.A. 'Riots?' Or 'Rebellion?' 'Unrest?'
Originally published on Fri April 27, 2012 6:05 pm
It's been 20 years since Los Angeles erupted in violence after four LAPD officers were acquitted in the beating of Rodney King. And still, the city is not in agreement on what to call the events — riots, an uprising, a rebellion, or unrest? Melissa Block and Robert Siegel hear some of the options and opinions.