Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Around the Nation
Is It The L.A. 'Riots?' Or 'Rebellion?' 'Unrest?'
Originally published on Fri April 27, 2012 6:05 pm
It's been 20 years since Los Angeles erupted in violence after four LAPD officers were acquitted in the beating of Rodney King. And still, the city is not in agreement on what to call the events — riots, an uprising, a rebellion, or unrest? Melissa Block and Robert Siegel hear some of the options and opinions.