Most Active Stories
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Locals Rally, Marry After SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
They Have A Listening Room, Too
It's Getting Loud At The Hunter With 'Sound +Vision'
This exhibit rocks. The Hunter Museum of American Art is showing forty different artistic and iconic photos of Elvis, The Beatles, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jay-Z and other musicians. Many of these photographs have appeared on album covers and magazine covers. These new, large-scale versions were created from the original negatives, using a special printing technique. 'Sound + Vision: Monumental Rock Photography' is a traveling exhibit from the Columbus Museum, and it was guest curated by Chris Murray, founder of the Govinda Gallery, where celebrity photograper Annie Leibovitz had her first exhibition.
The exhibit will be at the Hunter through August 12th. You can preview the photos online.