Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
They Have A Listening Room, Too
It's Getting Loud At The Hunter With 'Sound +Vision'
This exhibit rocks. The Hunter Museum of American Art is showing forty different artistic and iconic photos of Elvis, The Beatles, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jay-Z and other musicians. Many of these photographs have appeared on album covers and magazine covers. These new, large-scale versions were created from the original negatives, using a special printing technique. 'Sound + Vision: Monumental Rock Photography' is a traveling exhibit from the Columbus Museum, and it was guest curated by Chris Murray, founder of the Govinda Gallery, where celebrity photograper Annie Leibovitz had her first exhibition.
The exhibit will be at the Hunter through August 12th. You can preview the photos online.