Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
They Have A Listening Room, Too
It's Getting Loud At The Hunter With 'Sound +Vision'
This exhibit rocks. The Hunter Museum of American Art is showing forty different artistic and iconic photos of Elvis, The Beatles, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jay-Z and other musicians. Many of these photographs have appeared on album covers and magazine covers. These new, large-scale versions were created from the original negatives, using a special printing technique. 'Sound + Vision: Monumental Rock Photography' is a traveling exhibit from the Columbus Museum, and it was guest curated by Chris Murray, founder of the Govinda Gallery, where celebrity photograper Annie Leibovitz had her first exhibition.
The exhibit will be at the Hunter through August 12th. You can preview the photos online.