Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
It's 'Kiss In' Day At Chick-fil-A For Gay Rights Activists
Originally published on Fri August 3, 2012 5:50 pm
Two days after Chick-fil-A set a one-day sales record thanks to a show of support for company President Dan Cathy and his outspoken stand against same-sex marriage, it's "National Same-Sex Kiss Day" for gay rights activists. They plan to kiss their loved ones outside the fast-food chain's outlets and post photos on Tumblr and other social media sites.
Organizers say they want to "show Chick-fil-A that EVERYONE deserves to be able to fall in love, start a family, and take their children to eat fried chicken after a soccer match."
We'll keep an eye out for stories on this as the day continues.
Update at 5:40 p.m. ET. Kiss In Happens, So Does Vandalism:
The Advocate Magazine tweeted this picture of one of the "kiss ins:"
The Los Angeles Times reports that at a Los Angeles location, police were called because of "heavy media presence."
NBC Los Angeles reports that vandals spray painted the side of one Chick-fil-A. They scrawled: "Tastes Like Hate."