Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
It's State Fair Season; What's On The Menu?
Originally published on Thu July 26, 2012 10:35 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
It's the start of state fair season, which means lots of weird and fried food. The Indiana State Fair decided on spaghetti and meatballs ice cream as the fair's official food. The noodles are made of gelato, the sauce is strawberry tomato, and the meatballs are chocolate. It's topped with shredded white chocolate cheese. Yummy. At the Iowa State Fair you can try a double bacon corndog. Last year, Iowa featured deep fried butter. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.