Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Ivy Academy Students Measure Tree Growth for Smithsonian
The Smithsonian Institution is collecting data from around the globe to see how climate change affects tree growth, and students at Ivy Academy in Soddy-Daisy are helping.
They recently banded their first tree in the woods near the school grounds.