Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Jack White Disappointed In Fans' Energy Level
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with news of Jack White. The musician once of the White Stripes was playing Saturday in New York and enraged fans by storming offstage after less than an hour. Mr. White seemed to blame the fans themselves. He complained of their energy level, barking out during the performance: Is this an NPR convention? We'll take that as a compliment. Rolling Stone says the crowd was actually so loud that White also complained he could not hear himself think. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.