Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
Around the Nation
Jail In Yonkers, N.Y., Is Put On The Real Estate Market
Originally published on Thu September 19, 2013 9:44 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
The key to the real estate is location, location, location. In this case, the location is a jail. Authorities in Yonkers, New York put a lockup on the market. They're asking two-a-half-million dollars for a building that may need renovation, but does have a Hudson River view. Rent laws can make it hard for the buyers of a building to evict the old tenants, but not in this case. We're told the inmates will be moved out on Sunday.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.