Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Jobless Claims Dipped Again Last Week
Originally published on Thu March 29, 2012 8:43 am
There were 359,000 first-time claims for jobless benefits last week, down 5,000 from the week before and a pace that continues to be the lowest since April 2008, the Employment and Training Administration just reported.
In other economic news, the Bureau of Economic Analysis says that gross domestic product grew at a 3 percent annual rate in fourth-quarter 2011. That's unchanged from the bureau's previous estimate of growth in the last three months of the year.