Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Judge Sets George Zimmerman's Bond At $1 Million
Originally published on Thu July 5, 2012 6:23 pm
A judge in Sanford, Florida, has set George Zimmerman's bail at $1 million, which means Zimmerman can be released while awaiting trial on charges of shooting and killing Trayvon Martin. But in his order, the judge expressed anger at Zimmerman's actions hiding some $200,000 from the court. He says Zimmerman "flaunted" the legal system and it appears he was preparing to flee to avoid prosecution, but his plans were thwarted. Greg Allen talks to Robert Siegel.