Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Knotty Problem Solved: Knitters Won't Call Their Games The 'Ravelympics'
Originally published on Thu June 28, 2012 3:29 pm
Those knitters we told you about who had been asked to "cease and desist" by the U.S. Olympics Committee because they were planning a "Ravelympics" have opted to give the slip to any legal issues.
They're going to call their competitions "The Ravellenic Games," The Oregonian reports.
The new name was among several suggestions considered by members of the knitting social networking site Ravelry.com, including:
-- Pan-Ravelry Games.
-- Ravelry Challenge.