Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Color Run for Komen
Komen Benefit: Wash Me Pink
The region's first color run and the nation's very first Wash Me Pink for Komen will be Saturday, March 9, 2013 in Dalton Georgia.
This is not a race. A color run is an opportunity to raise funds for a good cause, get in shape, and have fun getting pelted with puffs of pink powder in the process. Participants in color runs typically wear white shirts and at several points in the course volunteers will toss colored corn starch at the runners. At the end of the race it is possible to be covered in pink from head to toe.
This is not a timed race; just a fun run. You can register in advance or register on the day of the race. All proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen. Volunteers are welcome--contact Scenic City Multisport or register online.