Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Color Run for Komen
Komen Benefit: Wash Me Pink
The region's first color run and the nation's very first Wash Me Pink for Komen will be Saturday, March 9, 2013 in Dalton Georgia.
This is not a race. A color run is an opportunity to raise funds for a good cause, get in shape, and have fun getting pelted with puffs of pink powder in the process. Participants in color runs typically wear white shirts and at several points in the course volunteers will toss colored corn starch at the runners. At the end of the race it is possible to be covered in pink from head to toe.
This is not a timed race; just a fun run. You can register in advance or register on the day of the race. All proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen. Volunteers are welcome--contact Scenic City Multisport or register online.