Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Color Run for Komen
Komen Benefit: Wash Me Pink
The region's first color run and the nation's very first Wash Me Pink for Komen will be Saturday, March 9, 2013 in Dalton Georgia.
This is not a race. A color run is an opportunity to raise funds for a good cause, get in shape, and have fun getting pelted with puffs of pink powder in the process. Participants in color runs typically wear white shirts and at several points in the course volunteers will toss colored corn starch at the runners. At the end of the race it is possible to be covered in pink from head to toe.
This is not a timed race; just a fun run. You can register in advance or register on the day of the race. All proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen. Volunteers are welcome--contact Scenic City Multisport or register online.