Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri February 17, 2012 9:34 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Let's go to a very different reality for one student. Our last word in business today: beyond opulent.
A New York City apartment recently changed hands for $88 million - a new record for the New York market. Of course, it does feature a wraparound terrace and an oval shaped bedroom. The Central Park West penthouse belonged to former Citigroup bigwig Sanford "Sandy" Weill. He sold it to a Russian fertilizer mogul, though it was actually purchased by a trust set-up for the Russian billionaire's 22-year-old daughter, who is still a college student.
And that's the business news from NPR News. This is MORNING EDITION.
(SOUNDBITE OF CREDITS)
MONTAGNE: I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.