Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Hiroshi Yamauchi Dies At 85, Expanded Nintendo
Originally published on Fri September 20, 2013 6:58 am
In 1949, Hiroshi Yamauchi left school to take over Nintendo after his grandfather died. He made it a dominate force in the game industry. He retired as president in 2002. He died on Thursday in Japan.