Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Yankee Candles' New Scents Are Made For Men
Originally published on Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
OK. Our last word in business might help you get a jump on Father's Day shopping - man candles.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Guys, no more being subjected to the smell of roses or vanilla at those candle stores. Now we have Man Candles from the Yankee Candle Company.
GREENE: Fragrances include Two By Four, with the unmistakable scent of freshly planed wood and sawdust.
INSKEEP: Riding Mower gives you a whiff of freshly cut grass, and First Down has the smell of orange and leather.
GREENE: I think that would be good for the studios, Steve.
INSKEEP: Absolutely. Well, in a press release, Yankee Candle says now, every room in the house can smell good, even the basement.
GREENE: This is actually not a brand-new idea. A few years ago there was another company that rolled out a similar product. They called them Mandles.
(SOUNDBITE OF LAUGHTER)
GREENE: That's the business news here on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
INSKEEP: And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.