Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Learn To Plant Your Own Urban Garden
Fair Share Urban Growers is partnering with local agriculture experts to provide a series of 12 workshops for Urban Cultivators to be held at the Glenwood Recreation Center every Monday from 6 to 8 starting August 26th.
The workshops will cover topics including soil fertility, container gardening, raised beds, garden design and more. The cost of these workshops is free to participants. A partnership with StepONE at the Hamilton County Health Department provided the funding through the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The goal of the workshops is to encourage urban gardens in yards, empty lots and community gardens of the inner city to improve healthy food options, physical activity and community engagement.
Call Brenda Trigg for more details 786-202-3686.