Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
SYNONYM Art Project
Local Artist Awarded Creative Capital Grant
Phillip Lewis is a UTC professor in the Art Department. He teaches courses in photography and video. Recently, he was awarded the Creative Capital Grant for his ongoing SYNONYM art project. According to Lewis, SYNONYM will explore an experimental drug rehabilitation program that appeared in the United States during the 1980s and 90s. Phillip Lewis talked to WUTC about his upcoming project and being awarded the Creative Capital Grant.