Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
Local Baker Wins Tennessee's Small Business Person Of The Year Award
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – John Sweet knew he wanted to make bread for a living when he was twenty years old and took a summer job as a shaper for Zingerman's Bakehouse. In 2002, John and his wife, Angela Sweet, opened Chattanooga's only naturally-leavened bread making business, Niedlov's Bakery.
In 2010, John Sweet won Tennessee's Small Business Person of the Year Award.