Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Local Baker Wins Tennessee's Small Business Person Of The Year Award
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – John Sweet knew he wanted to make bread for a living when he was twenty years old and took a summer job as a shaper for Zingerman's Bakehouse. In 2002, John and his wife, Angela Sweet, opened Chattanooga's only naturally-leavened bread making business, Niedlov's Bakery.
In 2010, John Sweet won Tennessee's Small Business Person of the Year Award.