Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Local Baker Wins Tennessee's Small Business Person Of The Year Award
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – John Sweet knew he wanted to make bread for a living when he was twenty years old and took a summer job as a shaper for Zingerman's Bakehouse. In 2002, John and his wife, Angela Sweet, opened Chattanooga's only naturally-leavened bread making business, Niedlov's Bakery.
In 2010, John Sweet won Tennessee's Small Business Person of the Year Award.