Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
Local Baker Wins Tennessee's Small Business Person Of The Year Award
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – John Sweet knew he wanted to make bread for a living when he was twenty years old and took a summer job as a shaper for Zingerman's Bakehouse. In 2002, John and his wife, Angela Sweet, opened Chattanooga's only naturally-leavened bread making business, Niedlov's Bakery.
In 2010, John Sweet won Tennessee's Small Business Person of the Year Award.