Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Local Baker Wins Tennessee's Small Business Person Of The Year Award
By Monessa Guilfoil
Chattanooga, TN – John Sweet knew he wanted to make bread for a living when he was twenty years old and took a summer job as a shaper for Zingerman's Bakehouse. In 2002, John and his wife, Angela Sweet, opened Chattanooga's only naturally-leavened bread making business, Niedlov's Bakery.
In 2010, John Sweet won Tennessee's Small Business Person of the Year Award.