Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
'Local Hero Project' Seeks Short Films for Festival 3/20
The Local Hero Project is a short film festival within the Lookout Wild Film Festival here in Chattanooga. Everyone is invited to submit a short video--three minutes or less--about the outdoors. There’ll be a grab bag of prizes for a couple of winning videos, but every video will be shown on the night. All the videos will also be shown on Comcast’s “Get Local” channel, and some may even be part of a future Chattanooga Visitor’s Bureau commercial. WUTC's Richard Winham talked to Jeff Styles, one of the festival’s organizers.
The event will take place Thursday, March 20th.