Most Active Stories
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Remembering the Tornado
A Long Night in the Dark
On the anniversary of the April 27, 2011 tornadoes, we aired a story about a community that was hit particularly hard -- Apison, Tenn. Two of the voices in that piece belonged to Virginia and Tim Miller.
In this piece, we hear more from our conversation with the Millers. They talk about how their own yard became a crime scene on the night of the tornado, and how after that night, their relationship with their neighbors was changed forever.