Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Remembering the Tornado
A Long Night in the Dark
On the anniversary of the April 27, 2011 tornadoes, we aired a story about a community that was hit particularly hard -- Apison, Tenn. Two of the voices in that piece belonged to Virginia and Tim Miller.
In this piece, we hear more from our conversation with the Millers. They talk about how their own yard became a crime scene on the night of the tornado, and how after that night, their relationship with their neighbors was changed forever.