Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
Lottery Winners Donate To School's Football Stadium
Originally published on Thu December 20, 2012 5:44 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Pretty in pink is the mantra for an Iowa couple. They won a Powerball jackpot and are now donating a few million dollars for a new football stadium at their son's high school. Their requirement? The visiting team's locker room must be painted pink. The inspiration for this design element came from Kinnick Stadium at the University of Iowa. Its pink walls, shelves and urinals have been taunting visiting teams for years. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.