Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
It's All Politics
Love On Stage At The GOP Convention: Staffer Pops Question; She Says Yes
Bradley Thompson, a production manager at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, took the opportunity this morning to propose to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman. He popped the question right in front of the big on-stage screen — on which were the words "Laura Bowman, will you marry me" and some lovely photos.
From the kiss he got in return, it appears she said yes.
"Some dude just proposed on the convention stage. Jack Johnson on the PA." (@Timodc).
The stage was available because the program doesn't get going to day until 7 p.m. ET.