Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
It's All Politics
Love On Stage At The GOP Convention: Staffer Pops Question; She Says Yes
Bradley Thompson, a production manager at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, took the opportunity this morning to propose to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman. He popped the question right in front of the big on-stage screen — on which were the words "Laura Bowman, will you marry me" and some lovely photos.
From the kiss he got in return, it appears she said yes.
"Some dude just proposed on the convention stage. Jack Johnson on the PA." (@Timodc).
The stage was available because the program doesn't get going to day until 7 p.m. ET.