Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
- Thousands Line Funeral Procession Route for Petty Officer 2nd Class Randall Smith
Makers Share Skills During Workshop
Chattanooga's emerging makerspace Chatt*Lab hosted a soldering workshop to promote the growing interest in DIY communities.
Makers are people from all walks of life that enjoy crafting, creating, and learning new skills to make their own ideas come to life. In the soldering workshop participants were able to use Chatt*Lab's equipment and were taken step by step through the process to build a kit project soldering components onto a printed circuit board. Many of the people wielding soldering irons at the workshop were learning to use these tools for the first time. Part of the philosophy of Chatt*Lab is sharing skills and equipment to promote learning and creating useful hand made objects.