Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Man On Thin Ice For Allegedly Stealing 5 Tons Of Ice
Originally published on Fri February 3, 2012 12:57 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with another explanation for disappearing glaciers. A man was arrested in Chile on suspicion of stealing five tons of ice from a millennia-old glacier there. The Guardian reports police nabbed him with the illicit ice in his refrigerated truck. They believe he planned to sell it as designer ice cubes to the trendy bars of Santiago. Pretty cold-blooded considering this particular glacier is one of the fastest-shrinking in the world. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.