Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
McDonald's Is A Popular Wedding Destination In Hong Kong
Originally published on Mon July 14, 2014 12:34 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne.
You know, nothing says happily ever after like a big Mac - at least in Hong Kong. Their McDonald's has become a popular wedding destination. It's fast food venues now offer wedding packages. The Deluxe includes a pair of balloon wedding rings, and a crystal McDonald's house.
It seems the young couples have fond memories of first dates of Hong Kong McDonald's, where true love blossomed under golden arches.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.