Most Active Stories
- Listener Support Keeps WUTC On The Air. Please Donate Today.
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Start It Up Episode 7: Teen Startup Thrives and Glass Street Bounces Back
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Medicaid Provides Intensive Family Intervention For Troubled Georgia Residents
Intensive Family Intervention teams help keep families together in Georgia. The teams go into homes and work with parents whose children have been diagnosed with mental illness, substance abuse problems or behavioral disorders. Sometimes these children are on the verge of being sent to a mental health facility, a juvenile detention center or foster care, and IFI teams work to prevent that.
IFI services are funded by Georgia Medicaid, and families must meet specific requirements to qualify.
In this segment, IFI team leaders from ProFamily in Dalton, Georgia join us to discuss how families can qualify and how Intensive Family Intervention works.