Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Medicaid Provides Intensive Family Intervention For Troubled Georgia Residents
Intensive Family Intervention teams help keep families together in Georgia. The teams go into homes and work with parents whose children have been diagnosed with mental illness, substance abuse problems or behavioral disorders. Sometimes these children are on the verge of being sent to a mental health facility, a juvenile detention center or foster care, and IFI teams work to prevent that.
IFI services are funded by Georgia Medicaid, and families must meet specific requirements to qualify.
In this segment, IFI team leaders from ProFamily in Dalton, Georgia join us to discuss how families can qualify and how Intensive Family Intervention works.