Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
Medicaid Provides Intensive Family Intervention For Troubled Georgia Residents
Intensive Family Intervention teams help keep families together in Georgia. The teams go into homes and work with parents whose children have been diagnosed with mental illness, substance abuse problems or behavioral disorders. Sometimes these children are on the verge of being sent to a mental health facility, a juvenile detention center or foster care, and IFI teams work to prevent that.
IFI services are funded by Georgia Medicaid, and families must meet specific requirements to qualify.
In this segment, IFI team leaders from ProFamily in Dalton, Georgia join us to discuss how families can qualify and how Intensive Family Intervention works.