Most Active Stories
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- LAUNCH Chattanooga Awards Prize Package to High School Students
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 8: A Passion for Languages and Understanding What Investors Want
Meet The Writer Who Created Groundhog Day
Danny Rubin, an author, teacher and screenwriter, wrote the original screenplay that became the classic 1993 movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. In this interview, Rubin discusses how he conceived of the story’s premise, why he decided to set the story on Groundhog Day and how the script changed when director Harold Ramis got involved.
Rubin has recently published a book, How To Write Groundhog Day, meant for fans of the film who’d like to hear the inside story and meant for screenwriters who want to learn about the process of going from script to screen.