Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
Meet The Writer Who Created Groundhog Day
Danny Rubin, an author, teacher and screenwriter, wrote the original screenplay that became the classic 1993 movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. In this interview, Rubin discusses how he conceived of the story’s premise, why he decided to set the story on Groundhog Day and how the script changed when director Harold Ramis got involved.
Rubin has recently published a book, How To Write Groundhog Day, meant for fans of the film who’d like to hear the inside story and meant for screenwriters who want to learn about the process of going from script to screen.