Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
Meet The Writer Who Created Groundhog Day
Danny Rubin, an author, teacher and screenwriter, wrote the original screenplay that became the classic 1993 movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. In this interview, Rubin discusses how he conceived of the story’s premise, why he decided to set the story on Groundhog Day and how the script changed when director Harold Ramis got involved.
Rubin has recently published a book, How To Write Groundhog Day, meant for fans of the film who’d like to hear the inside story and meant for screenwriters who want to learn about the process of going from script to screen.