Most Active Stories
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Locals Rally, Marry After SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
Meet The Writer Who Created Groundhog Day
Danny Rubin, an author, teacher and screenwriter, wrote the original screenplay that became the classic 1993 movie Groundhog Day, starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. In this interview, Rubin discusses how he conceived of the story’s premise, why he decided to set the story on Groundhog Day and how the script changed when director Harold Ramis got involved.
Rubin has recently published a book, How To Write Groundhog Day, meant for fans of the film who’d like to hear the inside story and meant for screenwriters who want to learn about the process of going from script to screen.