Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Slice of Victory
Mellow Mushroom’s Bradley Johnson Wins National Pizza Competition
Bradley Johnson, a Mellow Mushroom employee in Chattanooga, won the freestyle pizza-spinning competition at the American Pizza Championship. The championship took place in Las Vegas last week, and Johnson will next travel to Parma, Italy for the 2014 World Pizza Championships.
“I got into pizza spinning by a challenge from my dad that I could never spin a pizza,” Johnson said in a media release.
“[C]ompeting just became natural with my drive to improve my skills that have developed over the years. Plus it has become a hobby that is really hard to get bored with when there is always something new to learn.”
Johnson is an accounting student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.