Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Slice of Victory
Mellow Mushroom’s Bradley Johnson Wins National Pizza Competition
Bradley Johnson, a Mellow Mushroom employee in Chattanooga, won the freestyle pizza-spinning competition at the American Pizza Championship. The championship took place in Las Vegas last week, and Johnson will next travel to Parma, Italy for the 2014 World Pizza Championships.
“I got into pizza spinning by a challenge from my dad that I could never spin a pizza,” Johnson said in a media release.
“[C]ompeting just became natural with my drive to improve my skills that have developed over the years. Plus it has become a hobby that is really hard to get bored with when there is always something new to learn.”
Johnson is an accounting student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.