Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Mexican Bakers Go Big To Celebrate 3 Kings Day
Originally published on Fri January 4, 2013 8:46 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. At this point in the program we sometimes tell you about record-breaking feats. Well, this one takes the cake. Sunday is Three Kings Day and in Mexico some bakers are celebrating in a big way. Rosca de Reyes is a sweet bread with a Baby Jesus figurine baked inside.
This version will weigh 10 tons, and the cake's border will stretch nearly a mile. A mile. Tradition says the person who gets the slice with the plastic Jesus has to host a party. Hope it's a big house. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.