Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Mexican Bakers Go Big To Celebrate 3 Kings Day
Originally published on Fri January 4, 2013 8:46 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. At this point in the program we sometimes tell you about record-breaking feats. Well, this one takes the cake. Sunday is Three Kings Day and in Mexico some bakers are celebrating in a big way. Rosca de Reyes is a sweet bread with a Baby Jesus figurine baked inside.
This version will weigh 10 tons, and the cake's border will stretch nearly a mile. A mile. Tradition says the person who gets the slice with the plastic Jesus has to host a party. Hope it's a big house. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.