Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Micro-Garden Madness: You Showed Us Your Stuff
Originally published on Tue July 16, 2013 10:30 am
Earlier this week, we told you about some of the people who are trying to make micro-gardening go big — by sharing their DIY tips and selling products designed to make gardening in a small space a piece of cake. Many readers of The Salt let us know they were all for it.
As KL Gamble wrote on Facebook, "Maybe it's time to bring back victory gardens — even if on a smaller scale," referring to the gardens the government encouraged citizens to plant to supplement their dinner plate during World War I and World War II.
It turns out plenty of readers of The Salt are already micro-gardening with some impressive DIY chutzpah. We've chosen a few of our favorite images of micro-gardens from around the country that make the most of small spaces and idle containers.