Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Around the Nation
Milkshake Mission Lands Car In Snowbank
Originally published on Wed March 12, 2014 7:32 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A teenager in Michigan just wanted a milkshake. She and a cousin went to McDonald's, but it was closed. They used their GPS, found another McDonald's 12 miles away, also closed. The next McDonald's no longer existed. Around this point, their car got caught in a snow bank. Worried family members called police, who searched for hours. The cousins spent the night in the car, and walked to a business in the morning to call for help.
They may have had that GPS, just no cell phone. Turned into quite a McFiasco.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.