Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
Happy Birthday, Ruby Falls
Millions Have Made the Underground Journey, But Lambert Did It First
In 1928, cave explorer Leo Lambert went on a long journey underground... so long that his wife thought he might have died. He was gone so long because he'd discovered something unexpected: a waterfall inside Lookout Mountain.
Ruby Falls is celebrating the 85th anniversary of its discovery. Hugh Morrow, President of Ruby Falls, LLC, joins WUTC's Michael Edward Miller in this interview about the history of Ruby Falls. Over the years, the attraction has brought in millions of visitors, and SEE RUBY FALLS billboards are nearly ubiquitous throughout the Southeast.