Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Happy Birthday, Ruby Falls
Millions Have Made the Underground Journey, But Lambert Did It First
In 1928, cave explorer Leo Lambert went on a long journey underground... so long that his wife thought he might have died. He was gone so long because he'd discovered something unexpected: a waterfall inside Lookout Mountain.
Ruby Falls is celebrating the 85th anniversary of its discovery. Hugh Morrow, President of Ruby Falls, LLC, joins WUTC's Michael Edward Miller in this interview about the history of Ruby Falls. Over the years, the attraction has brought in millions of visitors, and SEE RUBY FALLS billboards are nearly ubiquitous throughout the Southeast.