Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Happy Birthday, Ruby Falls
Millions Have Made the Underground Journey, But Lambert Did It First
In 1928, cave explorer Leo Lambert went on a long journey underground... so long that his wife thought he might have died. He was gone so long because he'd discovered something unexpected: a waterfall inside Lookout Mountain.
Ruby Falls is celebrating the 85th anniversary of its discovery. Hugh Morrow, President of Ruby Falls, LLC, joins WUTC's Michael Edward Miller in this interview about the history of Ruby Falls. Over the years, the attraction has brought in millions of visitors, and SEE RUBY FALLS billboards are nearly ubiquitous throughout the Southeast.