Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
MIT Shirt Fools Florida Poll Workers
Originally published on Wed November 7, 2012 8:02 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Florida's voting trouble includes the saga of a woman in Boca Raton. You may not bring campaign propaganda to a polling station. BocaNewsNow reports she showed up yesterday with a shirt that said Mitt. She was denied entry to vote.
But a closer inspection of her shirt showed the Republican candidate's first name was misspelled. An election supervisor let her vote after confirming the shirt said MIT - the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.