Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
Best New Read
Moore's Latest Book Shows St. Elmo's History In Pictures
Arcadia Publishing has published a third book by author/historian Gay Morgan Moore. Chattanooga's St. Elmo contains 127 pages of historical photographs and text about Chattanooga's suburb at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
This land was originally the crossroads between two major Native American trails and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. "The history of the railroads is the history of St. Elmo," Moore says. Her book features the industry, churches, schools and people who made this community what it is today.