Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Best New Read
Moore's Latest Book Shows St. Elmo's History In Pictures
Arcadia Publishing has published a third book by author/historian Gay Morgan Moore. Chattanooga's St. Elmo contains 127 pages of historical photographs and text about Chattanooga's suburb at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
This land was originally the crossroads between two major Native American trails and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. "The history of the railroads is the history of St. Elmo," Moore says. Her book features the industry, churches, schools and people who made this community what it is today.