Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Best New Read
Moore's Latest Book Shows St. Elmo's History In Pictures
Arcadia Publishing has published a third book by author/historian Gay Morgan Moore. Chattanooga's St. Elmo contains 127 pages of historical photographs and text about Chattanooga's suburb at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
This land was originally the crossroads between two major Native American trails and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. "The history of the railroads is the history of St. Elmo," Moore says. Her book features the industry, churches, schools and people who made this community what it is today.