Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Best New Read
Moore's Latest Book Shows St. Elmo's History In Pictures
Arcadia Publishing has published a third book by author/historian Gay Morgan Moore. Chattanooga's St. Elmo contains 127 pages of historical photographs and text about Chattanooga's suburb at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
This land was originally the crossroads between two major Native American trails and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. "The history of the railroads is the history of St. Elmo," Moore says. Her book features the industry, churches, schools and people who made this community what it is today.