Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Best New Read
Moore's Latest Book Shows St. Elmo's History In Pictures
Arcadia Publishing has published a third book by author/historian Gay Morgan Moore. Chattanooga's St. Elmo contains 127 pages of historical photographs and text about Chattanooga's suburb at the foot of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
This land was originally the crossroads between two major Native American trails and was occupied by Union troops during the Civil War. "The history of the railroads is the history of St. Elmo," Moore says. Her book features the industry, churches, schools and people who made this community what it is today.