Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Listener Support Keeps WUTC On The Air. Please Donate Today.
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
More Stories of World Cup Rivalries from 'Soccer Junkie' Patrick Johnston
Patrick Johnston is a self-described “soccer junkie.” A soccer coach at the University of the South in Sewanee, he has been to every World Cup since Mexico in 1986 and wrote the book The Odyssey of a Soccer Junkie about his experiences. He was our guest on Around and About a few weeks ago to talk about his book detailing his adventures in pursuit of tickets and a place to sleep wherever the World Cup has been played in the past 25 years. When he was here last time he told Richard Winham he was getting ready to go down to Brazil to catch the final games in this year’s World Cup. Now he’s back from Brazil and—as promised—he dropped in to share some stories about this year’s World Cup with us.